When an error or bug is encountered, we request that Archivematica users first:
- Search the User Forum for similar problems and post a new thread if necessary.
- Search and/or report in our issue tracker. Artefactual uses Redmine project management software to track bugs and issues in Archivematica. You can find our Redmine instance at https://projects.artefactual.com
Register for an account¶
You can register for an account in Redmine at: https://projects.artefactual.com/account/register
If you are a client of Artefactual, you likely already have an account. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
Search for a bug or issue¶
Anyone can search Redmine for an existing issue or bug. Visit https://projects.artefactual.com and enter your search keywords.
You can also browse Archivematica issues here: https://projects.artefactual.com/projects/archivematica/issues
Note that issues or bugs related to client-specific development will not appear if you are not logged in, and further if your account is not associated with that project.
Create a new bug or issue¶
- Always search Redmine for an existing bug or issue before reporting a new one.
- To create a new bug or issue, navigate to the Archivematica project by clicking on “Jump to a project” and then “Archivematica”.
- Click on “New Issue” and fill in the required fields as outlined below:
Choose “Bug” for an issue with an existing feature, or “Feature” to suggest a new functionality to Archivematica.
Provide a brief description of the bug or feature you are requesting. To help us avoid duplication, try to make your title clear and descriptive.
Helpful information to include in the Description field are the steps to reproduce the bug or behaviour you are experiencing.
Leave as New.
Please leave at Medium. Artefactual staff will triage the bug or feature as appropriate.
Please leave blank and Artefactual staff will update as appropriate.