There are multiple ways to install and use Archivematica 0.8-alpha. Once installed, consult the User_Manual for user instructions.
 Virtual appliance
1. What is a virtual appliance?
- VirtualBox, VMware - archivematica-0.8-alpha-vmdk.tbz, European mirror, Clayton State University mirror (2.1 GB)
- KVM - archivematica-0.8-alpha-kvm.tbz, European mirror (2.1 GB)
3. If you don't already have a virtual machine player, we recommend VirtualBox. See these Virtual appliance instructions on how to load your Archivematica virtual appliance using VirtualBox.
 Live USB key
- Download this usb img: archivematica-0.8-alpha-usb.tbz
- Use it to create a Live USB key: Build a Live USB disk
- See these instructions for getting started with the Live USB key: Use the Live USB
- Be forwarned, due to the slow speed of USB keys it may take a few minutes before SIPs appear in the dashboard.
These options require experience in linux and/or software development.
- Checkout from Subversion Repository
- This is an option for developers that want the ability to customize or enhance their own Archivematica installation and/or contribute code back to the Archivematica project. See the Development environment page for further instructions.
- Install from Packages on ubuntu
- Packages allow a user to quickly deploy a multinode environment, How to install packages